Choose the Best Metal Detector for Gold
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Metal Detectors for Gold
16 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
A metal detector is used to search for metallic items on the ground. People who enjoy treasure hunting, as well as archaeologists and geologists looking for valuable metals or minerals in underground earth use them.
Benefits of metal detectors for gold:
- Gold is a very valuable metal. If you are looking for gold, you will need the best equipment possible in order to find it quickly and efficiently. The best way to do this is with a quality metal detector for any area where there might be some gold hidden away – whether that’s on land or underwater;
- Some of these products can even double as standard metal detectors if they don’t have enough power needed to detect gold accurately. This means you won’t have an extra purchase necessary just so you can search correctly for your treasure;
- They come in different sizes depending on how much ground space needs covering at one time. You may want something lightweight but powerful, or heavy-duty but less precise over large areas;
- Not only are they great for finding the gold you’re looking for, but it can also help to conserve time and energy if you need access over a large area;
- They give an accurate reading on what exactly needs digging up so there is less chance of wasting your time searching in one spot when the treasure is actually located somewhere else. With this information, you will be able to pinpoint where the exact location of your find is hidden, which means faster results;
- Gold detectors come with different power levels depending on how powerful they need to be (i.e., underwater vs land). A higher-end detector that has more power doesn’t always mean better; oftentimes mid-range or lower-end models do just as well at detecting gold;
- With a higher price point comes more advanced features and technology that can make your treasure hunting experience much easier, but it may not be necessary for you to have all those bells and whistles if the product will only be used occasionally or as a hobby;
People who want to find gold use metal detectors, but not just any metal detector will do. There are many different options available, so it is important to know what you need before purchasing one. In this guide, the experts have provided reviews for the best metal detectors on the market today as well as tips that will help you detect more gold!
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector – the Editor’s choice!
You’ll enjoy using the Gold-Digger with the included phone jack to save battery life while you listen for richer sounds indicating more deeply buried objects. And if there are no sounds at all? The built-in speaker emits tone signals when headphones are not being used so don’t panic, just dig!
This Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector will allow you to detect all kinds of metal from iron, steel, brass, aluminum, silver, gold coins, and jewelry. It operates on two 9-volt ALKALINE batteries and passes a signal in a single direction at a time for maximum sensitivity.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRO Series Metal Detector – the best for portability!
People of any level from beginner to advanced can use this fully adjustable machine. A fast, accurate 4-sensitivity level keeps you safe in crowds while still allowing for deep hunting nearby metal objects up to 12 inches long.
With an easy unfold design, this water-resistant probe goes anywhere with you! The large coil will detect treasures 12-inch deep while filtering out “garbage metals”.
The NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRO Series Metal Detector is your ultimate compass for treasure hunting. The fully adjustable and lightweight metal detector has an easy-to-understand LCD display, making it accessible for all ages, sizes, and skill levels from beginner to advanced.
Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector – the best for using in the water!
The exclusive Multi-IQ Technology provides efficient target identification to allow you to sort between trash and treasure with accuracy.
Fully waterproof up to 10 feet in depth, there are few places this metal detecting powerhouse cannot go! Get the Equinox 800 today so you never stop finding gems when they’re within reach!
Fisher Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector – the best for a simple interface!
The new detector has a 19 kHz operating frequency. It will accurately indicate the type of mineralization – it even features a digital ground balance. Plus, you can tell how deep your target is with the dual headphone jacks so an audible signal tells you where to dig! The user interface is quite simple.
The user-friendly Fisher Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector has an industry-first variable breakpoint tone discrimination system that picks out signals you want to hear. This means less noise on your screen for more relevant information.
Garrett 1140680 AT Gold Metal Detector – the best for the battery life!
For one, this model has 4 frequencies that mean that no matter what type of metal you’re looking for, or where it might be buried, this radar will help you find it. The iron audio saves time by identifying the common materials found in every environment to make treasure hunting a little easier. This model also comes with interchangeable coils so as soon as you want a quick upgrade on your new toy it’s only an additional purchase away.
A rugged yet lightweight and collapsible frame makes it easy to take this detector anywhere with you!
The Garrett 1140680 AT gold metal detector is a simple and straightforward solution to your treasure hunting needs. It provides a few different frequencies to help analyze various types of metals, including iron in the areas where trash is prevalent.