Choose the Best AR-15 Brass Catcher
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated AR-15 Brass Catchers
7 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Sports or tactical shooting always requires special attention to the condition of the weapon and its accessories. The modern market offers many different add-ons for your favorite AR-15 rifle, which is one of the most popular examples of versatile arms. In this article, we are comparing the characteristics of one of the most underrated accessories for this type of firearm — the brass catcher.The cartridge case holder is used for shooting without a trace at various targets without disturbing the cyclic movement and without interfering with the movement of the shutter.
The key considerations when choosing a brass catcher are:
- Bag volume. Modern brass holders differ in volume, and, therefore, in the number of cases that can hold;
- Bag material. Thanks to the use of the most modern materials, high strength, heat-resistant and shape-retaining, it is possible to achieve the maximum comfort of the shooter;
- Versatility. Modern breaststroke holders can be attached to a wide variety of weapons, so their functionality is not limited to AR-15 rifles;
- Ergonomics. To increase the shooter’s comfort, zippers, mesh holders, and comfortable mounting fasteners are used that release the sleeves with one click.
Feyachi Brass Shell Catcher
The zip fastener at the bottom of the mesh bag allows for quick and efficient emptying of the catcher. Upgraded heat resistant mesh completely prevents hot brass from abrasion and melting when ejected. The Velcro strap is easily installed on the rifle barrel, and thanks to the hook and loop made of soft high-density nylon, it doesn’t interfere with the optics at all, regardless of the type of installation.
The manufacturer provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee — 30 days money-back guarantee and 12 months guarantee for stable and trouble-free operation. Also, all owners of this product will have around-the-clock responsive technical support services.
- Saves money on brass gear components;
- Stiff spring to secure the bag securely and stably on the rifle;
- High-quality heat-resistant material to prevent fusion;
- Universal Velcro strap design provides fastening versatility;
- 30 days money back and 12 months product warranty.
- Limited time warranty;
- Quality issues;
- Too tight mounting;
- Causes jams.
This model of the brass catcher is perfectly suitable for the AR-15 or AR-10 rifles, but for other rifles, the fastening mechanism may be too narrow, which can cause excessive stress on the fabric, and, as a result, mesh breaks.
Caldwell Brass Trap with Heat Resistant Mesh
The catcher can be installed on a bench next to the rifles or attached to the rifle itself. At the same time, the design of the mesh bag allows wind to pass through, which has a positive effect on the temperature level. The moment the shooting is over, open the zipper to pull out the patch and transfer it to the ammo bag by simply pulling on the zipper.
- Extremely compact when folded;
- Easy to use even for beginners;
- Versatile to mount, making it perfect for a variety of rifles and pistols;
- Mountable on a tripod;
- Very durable — made of heat-resistant nylon, it perfectly withstands the high temperature of flying out casings from prolonged bursting;
- Convenient to carry.
- Poor stitching;
- Quality issues;
- Some models come with torn;
- Construction issues.
This is an excellent case catcher when used with sniper rifles due to its increased volume and the ability to quickly fold the nylon bag to pocket size.
Marmot Brass Shell Catcher
A heat-resistant mesh catches and retains 30 discarded brass casings. Lightweight design with padded front and back allows cold air to blow through the mesh and cool discarded liners. Easily mounts to the rifle barrel with a soft high-density nylon hook and loop.
The lightweight shell keeps items in place and can be removed quickly to clear jams or other cleaning problems.
The zipper at the bottom of the mesh bag allows the convenient and safe transportation of the brass sleeve shells.
- Patented 45-degree mesh for mesh attachment;
- High resistance to overheating;
- Compactness and portability;
- Easily fits most automatic rifles;
- A lightweight shell guarantees the shooter’s comfort;
- Convenient zipper for releasing sleeves at the bottom of the bag.
- Quality issues;
- Creates mess;
- Often jams;
- Cause malfunctions;
- No manufacturer’s warranty.
Extremely handy case catcher that performs well in all weather and tactical conditions. Purchase this model if you want to complement your shooting arsenal with a functional accessory that will significantly increase the comfort of sports and trap shooting.
HooGou Ammo Vrass Catcher Mesh Trap
The wireframe perfectly holds the fabric in the correct shape, allowing the brass to penetrate the bag, preventing the bolt from moving or interrupting the firing cycle. The bag has a convenient zipper at the bottom of the mesh bag makes it easy to empty.
This model is fully compatible with most of the AR/LR-308 models. Easily installs anywhere on the rail, easily lifts up to the back of the handguard with a dedicated rail.
The hook-and-loop strap, made from soft, high-density nylon, easily attaches to the barrel of these rifles, allowing the brass to be held in place, and is quickly removed to further eliminate jams or cleaning problems.
Extremely quick to attach to the weapon, easy to adjust, and ideal for a wide variety of forend sizes.
The bracket has several main fixing points to accommodate different gun thicknesses. This will not interfere with the cycling of the weapon, easily holding up to 60 casings.
- Fully compatible with most AR/LR-308 rifles;
- High-density nylon withstands high temperatures and doesn’t tear even under extreme stress;
- Fully adjustable to meet weapon requirements;
- Several different locations for closing the bag guarantee the comfort of emptying the sleeves;
- Holds up to 60 large caliber cases;
- Convenient zipper for quick opening of the bag.
- Not sturdy enough for semi-auto rifles;
- Quality issues;
- No manufacturer warranty.
An excellent all-round catcher for large capacity brass catchers. Thanks to the use of advanced technologies in terms of creating a heat-resistant material, it easily withstands liners heated to extreme temperatures.
Aimfiree Ammo Brass Catcher
Easy to install, keeps empty sleeves securely free of dirt and soil, preventing hot brass from getting into people around the arrow.
The thick wireframe easily holds the sleeve catcher hole in the correct position for function. Due to the ergonomic design, it allows you not to pay attention to the ejection of brass at all, without interfering with the operation of the rifle.
- The volume of the catcher allows holding up to 60 brass;
- Quick emptying of the bag is guaranteed by a convenient zipper;
- 20mm rail perfectly keeps the safety catch from the bolt of the weapon;
- The case catcher is easily installed on most types of rifles;
- Prevents the ingress of earth, dirt, and hot brass on people around;
- The robust wire frame keeps the catcher firmly in shape regardless of the number of brass in the bag.
- No manufacturer warranty;
- Not convenient to use with a telescopic sight;
- Installation issues.
This model of the case catcher is extremely spacious, so it will be an ideal addition to the shooting arsenal of big fans to release several clips at the stands.
The Buyer’s Guide
The capacity of the brass catcher is a key characteristic because the volume of the bag and the convenience of the shooter during shooting depend on it. If the bag is too compact (holds up to 30 brass), then it will have to be emptied periodically. In this case, manufacturers should be more concerned about the availability of convenient zippers for timely emptying of the catcher.
If you are a big shooting lover and spend a lot of time on the range, then be sure to try using a larger case bag. Due to its volume, you only need to empty it after shooting several rounds of cartridges in a row, which is extremely convenient for tactical training.
Most of the brass catchers listed are made of nylon. It is additionally strengthened with the help of heat-resistant impurities, which increase the resistance to heating from incandescent catchers and prevent its deformation due to high temperatures.
Most manufacturers try to pay special attention to the structure and quality of the material since the strength of the bag and its protective functions depend on this aspect — none of the shooters wants to see hot casings fall on it, or so that they fly around.
The listed types of brass catchers are perfectly compatible with AR-15 rifles and some other models. Nevertheless, most catchers will be an excellent choice for this particular rifle, because they are made with special mounting frames to attach them right to the rifle body, providing completely free movement of the rifle bolt during firing.
If you decide to use the case catcher with other rifles — go for it, but in this case, you may be disappointed. Pay attention to the fact that large brass bags are poorly compatible with optical sights, as they interfere with its installation due to their size. Also, be careful when installing the catcher — it must be securely fixed in place since if it disconnects during firing, you risk losing all the casings or getting burned on some.
The brass catcher is an extremely versatile and convenient device that will help you out if you don’t want to clean up dozens of spent cartridges after visiting the shooting range. When purchasing, be sure to pay attention to the following aspects:
- The presence of a convenient zipper for the release of cases. A key aspect of the bag’s ergonomics;
- Frame to keep the shape of the mesh. An important parameter in view of the requirements for the versatility of the bag — it must maintain its shape regardless of the number of the brass inside;
- Secures at a convenient distance from moving parts of the rifle. A very important parameter, since some bulky bag models can impede the free movement of the bolt when firing, making continuous fire difficult.
Useful Video: Amazon Brass Catcher Review!
The case bag is an extremely convenient and ergonomic addition to your AR-15 rifle. Thanks to its presence, you no longer need to worry about randomly flying out casings, as well as their temperature — thanks to its reliability and spaciousness, they will fold right into the bag, preventing damage to the experience of sports and clay target shooting. The ideal solution for increasing your comfort level during your favorite activity — target shooting right on target.